Is Polywood Good For Outdoor Furniture?
Polywood is an outdoor furniture company that has been around since the early 1990’s. They manufacture high quality patio furniture and other outdoor living items.
They also offer a wide variety of colors and styles for their products. If you’re looking for a new set of patio furniture, then check out Polywood.
I’ve owned several sets of Polywood furniture and I love them. They are durable, stylish, and comfortable. But are they really a good furniture for your outdoors?
POLYWOOD lumber can be used in outdoor furniture that lasts for years without maintenance. It is a wood alternative that is resistant to weather, snow, and wind. POLYWOOD does not require painting, staining, nor waterproofing.
After learning about Polywood and seeing how the product can be good for outdoor furniture, let’s now dive into more questions people ask about this material.
So, what are the top five questions people ask about Polywood and what are the most common benefits of this material?
Keep on reading!
What Makes Polywood Different From Other Wood Furniture?
The main difference between polywood and regular wooden furniture is its durability. Regular wooden furniture will eventually rot or fade over time if it isn’t treated properly. With polywood, there is no need to treat it with any kind of stain or paint because it resists water and UV rays from sunlight.
This means that it won’t get damaged by rain, snow, salt, sand, dirt, etc. You don’t have to worry about cleaning stains off when using this type of furniture either.
Pros of Polywood Material?
1) Durability – Polywood lasts longer than any other kind of wooden furniture because it doesn’t rot nor decay. You don’t have to worry about mold growth either since it won’t get wet.
2) Easy Maintenance – Unlike traditional woods, polywood requires very little maintenance. All you need to do is wipe off dirt and dust every once in awhile. If you’re worried about stains, just spray them away with water.
3) Versatility – Polywood can be used indoors too! Just take care not to put it near heat sources.
4) Light Weight – Compared to regular wood, polywood weighs less so it takes up much lesser amount of storage space.
5) Eco Friendly – Polywood uses 100% recyclable materials and does not require harmful chemicals to produce.
6) Cost Effective – Polywood costs significantly cheaper compared to other brands.
7) Ease Of Installation – Polywood is easy to install. Simply place it where you want it and attach it to the wall. No tools required.
8) Weatherproof – Polywood is resistant against rain, snow, wind, sun, insects, and termites.
How Long Do They Last?
One thing that makes Polywood great for outdoor use is that it doesn’t deteriorate as quickly as normal wood. In fact, they can last up to 20 years in good condition and being a plastic material itself they can even last forever given its being properly taken care of.
This is why many companies make outdoor furniture made entirely of polywood. The longevity of these pieces is much longer than those made of traditional materials like teak or mahogany. It takes less care too. Because it requires little upkeep, you’ll spend less money maintaining it.
Are They Comfortable?
Another benefit of having Polywood furniture is that it provides comfort. Unlike regular wooden furniture which may feel cold after sitting outside all day long, Polywood offers warmth and softness. This is due to the fact that it is made of synthetic fibers instead of natural ones.
It feels nice against the skin and helps keep you warm during winter months. Plus, unlike real woods, it doesn’t absorb moisture so it stays dry throughout the year.