How Do You Remove Sunscreen From Trex Decking?
Do you have Trex decking and are struggling to remove sunscreen stains?
Don’t worry, we have the perfect guide for you! In this article, we will go over the best way to clean your Trex deck and remove any sunscreen stains that may be on it.
We will also tell you how to prevent these stains from happening in the first place!
How To Remove Sunscreen Stains From Trex Decking
If you have Trex decking, you may be wondering how to remove sunscreen stains.
Check out this quick guide for the best way to clean your deck and keep it looking like new!
- Trex decking is made of a composite material that is resistant to staining and fading. However, sunscreen can still leave behind stains if it is not removed promptly.
- To remove sunscreen stains from your Trex decking, start by scrubbing the area with a mild soap and water solution. If the stain persists, you can try using a diluted bleach solution or a commercial deck cleaner.
- Be sure to test any cleaner in an inconspicuous area before applying it to the entire stain. Once the stain has been removed, rinse the area thoroughly with clean water.
What Is The Best Way To Clean Trex Decking?
Cleaning your Trex decking is easy – all you need is a little soap and water! Just mix up a mild soap and water solution, apply it to your deck with a soft brush, and then rinse it off. You can do this as often as you like to keep your deck looking its best.
If you have tougher stains, you may need to use a pressure washer or scrub brush. Be sure to test any cleaners in an inconspicuous spot before using them on the whole deck. Once you’ve removed the stains, be sure to rinse the area thoroughly with clean water.
With just a little bit of care, your Trex deck will stay looking great for years to come!
How Can You Keep Your Trex Deck Looking Like New?
Your Trex deck is an investment that you want to keep looking like new for as long as possible. Here are a few tips on how to clean your deck and keep it looking like new:
- Sweep your deck regularly – at least once a week – to prevent dirt and debris from building up.
- If you have any stubborn stains, you can use a mild soap and water solution to spot-clean them.
- Once a year, you should give your deck a good deep cleaning with a power washer. This will remove any dirt or grime that has built up over time.
- Be sure to protect your deck from the sun by using a UV-resistant sealer. This will help keep the color of your deck from fading over time.
- Lastly, don’t forget to inspect your deck regularly for any damage or wear and tear. If you catch any problems early, they will be much easier to fix than if you wait until they become big issues.
Tips For Cleaning Your Deck
If you have a Trex deck, you know that it’s an investment that you want to take care of. A key part of taking care of your deck is cleaning it on a regular basis – at least once a week during the peak season, and every other week or so during the off-season. But what’s the best way to clean your deck?
There are a few things you’ll need in order to properly clean your deck: a hose, a broom, and some sort of cleaner. You can use a commercial deck cleaner, or make your own with equal parts water and vinegar. Once you have your supplies gathered, it’s time to get started.
First, sweep your deck with the broom to get rid of any dirt or debris. Then, using your hose, spray down the entire surface of the deck. Be sure to get in all the nooks and crannies! Once the deck is wet, apply your cleaner of choice and scrub with the broom. Rinse well with the hose and allow the deck to air dry.
That’s it! By following these simple steps, you can keep your Trex deck looking like new for years to come.
Products To Avoid When Cleaning Your Deck
When it comes to cleaning your deck, there are a few products you should avoid. One of those products is bleach. While bleach may seem like it would be effective in cleaning your deck, it can actually do more harm than good. Bleach can damage the wood and make it more susceptible to cracking and splintering.
Another product to avoid is pressure washers. Pressure washers can also damage the wood on your deck by stripping away the protective layer. If you must use a pressure washer, make sure you use a low setting and hold it at least six inches away from the surface of the wood.
Finally, avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers on your deck. These products can also damage the wood and make it more difficult to clean in the future. Stick to gentle cleaners and soft bristled brushes when cleaning your deck.
We hope you found this guide helpful in removing sunscreen stains from your Trex deck! For more great tips on keeping your deck clean and looking like new, be sure to check out our blog. We also offer a variety of products to help you clean your deck and make it look its best. Thanks for reading and we hope you have a great day!